addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Homesteading at Home Message Board Homesteading at Home Discussion Forum › How Much Food Can I Grow Around My House?

How Much Food Can I Grow Around My House?

Paul W.
user 7865287
Belleville, NJ
Post #: 4
Here's a story that I draw inspiration from.

This was posted by Peak Moment TV in episode 87:

In summer 2006 Judy Alexander embarked on an experiment to see how much food she could grow, and how many neighbors could benefit, from the garden around her house. Check out her homegrown rainwater collection and irrigation system - watering her 60+ edible crops. Meet the bees, the chickens and the worms. And catch her joy in producing so much food for so little effort.

The best quote from Judy: "I want to go on record for saying how much fun this is!" :o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyVNAgrbQz4&feature=share­

Let's have some fun!
A former member
Post #: 2
Kewl! This summer we had an abudant amount of green peppers. I learned that stink bugs won't go near them! So hopefully going to figure out a way to use the peppers to make some sort of non-harmful spray to keep those nasty bugs away from my tomato plants.