10550 W Airport Blvd
By popular demand, we are set for practice scheduled at 6:30 PM every Saturday night.
A few tips for those planning to attend:
* If this is your first visit to the badminton center, you can enjoy free admission by mentioning at the front desk that you are with the Meetup party. Otherwise you will have to pay the one-time admission fee. As part of the sponsorship offered by the center, we benefit from off-peak fees ($7 for adults and $5 for seniors/juniors)--but you will have again to mention to them that you are with the Meetup group
* Please bring shoes with non-marking soles, preferably for indoor use
* You can rent a racket from the center if you don't have your own
* The facility has locker room and showers, and also an exercise room located upstairs
* Last but not least: as a courtesy to the other players, please be ready to provide new shuttles of decent quality when playing games. You can purchase some from the front desk or elsewhere. Keep in mind that good quality shuttles can cost about $2 apiece, however they tend to last longer than the cheaper ones. I was promised by the front desk that they could sell us shuttles by single piece, upon request
Please ask at the front desk for the courts where the Meetup group practice, and join the fun. Once in, you can actually play badminton on any of the available courts, for as long as we follow the house rules.
I hope to see you all on the badminton court!