Here are the Important Deets (please read carefully; all questions to answers already provided in event details will be ignored)
Pass out Christmas Card (s) and sing Christmas Carols as a team! You can bring a store bought or hand-made card to share.
(Please Read This Before Coming)
The Holiday Project - Volunteer Visits... on or near holidays (Nursing Homes)....Bring the Spirit of a Holiday to Those Who Otherwise Might Not Have a Celebration!
Make a Difference!
Brighten someone’s holiday and help them know they have not been forgotten.
Volunteers always share that they are blessed through their visits. All ages are invited to visit but an adult must accompany children throughout the visit.
Volunteers will visit as a team with the residents in community areas and room to room. See detailed instructions below....
* I will add the Venue Address, as Date Nears!
1. Remember that you are in a medical facility. Be aware and be careful.
2. Do not assist a resident in moving from or to a wheelchair. Ask an employee to help.
3. Do not feed or offer food to residents unless directed by an employee.
4. When entering a resident’s room, always knock and introduce yourself as a volunteer. Ask permission before entering.
5. Stay with the group as you move through the facility.
6. Do not go into isolation rooms, those rooms will be marked with a sign to see staff before entering. If you are passing out cards please give staff cards for residents in isolation rooms.
7. Because of HIPAA Privacy Rules most facilities require a signed photo release for pictures of/with residents. Therefore no pictures of resident's faces are allowed on The Holiday Project visits. The best way to take a picture is taking the back of the resident and the faces of the volunteers. The experience can still be documented in a picture without the resident's face.
8. It is not required but volunteers can make handmade Christmas card to pass out during the visit.
9. Have Fun! Together we CAN make a difference and REMEMBER...
To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world!
Holiday Project Video:
Here's Downloadable Song List: (Click on Link)
Please ensure all members of your group are in good health as you visit on Christmas morning.
Thank you for spending a few hours of your holiday with our residents!