Our political system is at a crossroads. Our two parties are producing zero results for the American people, as they are more focused on running to the extremes to win elections than coming to center to solve problems. The political pendulum swings back and forth, but very little is getting done. It’s time to change the equation.
We’re surrounded by innovation every day. Companies and organizations that weren’t around ten years ago have revolutionized the way we travel, communicate, entertain, live, and learn. But in politics, we’re stuck with two choices that most of us don’t like. We think some innovation is long overdue to make our politics more representative of and responsive to all Americans.
Unite America aims to reshape and reform our political system – not as a traditional third party, but as America’s first Unparty. We are a 21st Century political organization dedicated to organizing independent voters and supporting independent candidates who desire to put our country ahead of any political faction in order to solve problems.
Agenda (6pm to 7pm)*:
• Evan Friske (15min), Southern Region Chair of the newly formed Alliance Party, and a professor at HCC, will speak on their strategy for Texas.
• Unite America’s strategy for the 2020 cycle and how it ties into Houston efforts. (15min)
• Harriet Wasserstrum (20min) will give an update on efforts to gain local support for municipal level Ranked Choice Voting.
• Harold Rocketto (10min), to make a case join the push to fix Texas’ Permanent School Fund.
• (Flex) Updates on Bill King’s Mayoral candidacy, and other business.
* [[We have the room from 5:30 to 8pm for any flexible pre and post discussions]]
• We now have a Houston Steering Committee: Randy Kepner, Harold Rocketto, Jerry Vogt, as well as an alternate of Phil MacFarlane.
• Our Website, http://www.tx-independents.org/ , is now up and running and looking for feedback.
• If anyone want to be included in day to day committee communications - let me know.