Do you have a startup that needs funding? Do you want to learn how startup funding works, what you need to do before trying to raise funding, and where you can go to get it? Then join us for this fundraising workshop, which will provide practical, step by step advice. It will feature talks from entrepreneurs who have successfully raised money for their businesses, and investors actively funding businesses. Learn expert tips, big pitfalls to avoid, what investors are looking for, how equity works, and more.
Join the conversation with some great speakers including:
- James Phelan (Founder & CINO, Plāsyn)
- Eric Fishhaut (President, MKB Services)
- Martin Martinez (Managing Director, Founder Institute Texas)
- Rick Jones (Partner, Retired)
- Steve Jennis (Founder and CEO, Jennis Consulting Group LLC)
- Robert Tucci (Managing Director, HALO)
>> Who should attend?
- Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their startup
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early stage businesses and products
>> Discussion topics include:
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a "fundable" company
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- How to utilize online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
- How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
At the end of the session, there will also be a short audience Q&A session, and several attendees will also head to a local restaurant or bar to socialize.
>> >> This event is FREE, and we expect over 50 people in attendance. For more information, visit http://fi.co/e/215188/meetup
For information about the investors, incubators, and tech events available in Houston, visit: https://fi.co/startup-resources.
This event is sponsored by the Founder Institute Houston startup accelerator. Founder Institute provides a step-by-step program that gives startup founders the structure, mentor support, and network of entrepreneurs they need to start an enduring company. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 60 countries, the Founder Institute's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and build sustainable startup ecosystems worldwide.