addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Houston Skeptic Society Message Board › Stag's Head Update for March 30th Meetup

Stag's Head Update for March 30th Meetup

Sam O.
user 7883048
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
I returned home today to discover that the booking manager of the Stag's Head Pub has made a scheduling SNAFU. Apparently, there was another group already scheduled in the Oak Room when they promised it to us, and as a result, we wil NOT have the private room for our Wednesday, March 30th meetup.

I realize this is last minute, and I apologize to all who have expressed interest in attending. I have conveyed the proper amount displeasure with Stag's Head for this mix up, but there is nothing that can be done at this late date.

The Stag's Head has assured us that the private room will indeed be ours (and no one else's) to use on the last Tuesday of every month, starting in April, and I'm inclined to give them another chance.

In the meantime, tomorrow we will still meet at Stag's Head at 6:30 until whenever, but it will be a much more casual gathering in a space outside the private room. I have pocketed the guest speaker until next month as well.

So, for tomorrow, we will update you guys on upcoming events and other group news, and then open the floor to anyone who wants to say anything. Other than that, you all can hang out and talk about whatever strikes your fancy.

Again, I apologize for the mix up and the late notice. Hope you all will still come out and shoot the skeptical bull with us. And then we can regroup and try again in April.

Sam Ogden