addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Houston Skeptic Society Message Board › Roundtable Discussion Group

Roundtable Discussion Group

"Chidi"
user 7209446
Houston, TX
Post #: 18
Ted.com talks could make for great conversations. Check it out: www.ted.com. Take a look at the various categories such as "jaw-dropping" or "inspiring."
Sam O.
user 7883048
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 2
All great suggestions so far. And it's good to see a fairly high level of interest. Let's give this thread a few more days or a week or so to grow, and then we'll take inventory on how many people are on board.

Also, I think the second Thursday of the month is a good suggestion for a day to have the roundtable. Any other thoughts on that?

And feel free to start a list of possible topics. If we get several good ones, we can start looking for volunteers to "chair" the discussion for each one.
Naomi
user 7881900
Spring, TX
Post #: 71
I do not belong to the Humanists or atheist groups in town. Could someone post a list of those meeting days so that we don't have conflicts?

Ariel
user 2651833
Houston, TX
Post #: 52
I do not belong to the Humanists or atheist groups in town. Could someone post a list of those meeting days so that we don't have conflicts?

For Humanists of Houston, start out at http://www.meetup.com...­ - their website also links to other groups.

Houston Church of Freethought also posts a calendar (methinks).

The tenuous 'Houston Freethought Alliance' had an excellent monthly newsletter (originally from Humanists of Houston) for many. many years. Unfortunately it petered out about a year ago when Noelle had to +/- "drop out". It would be wonderful if it could be revived.
Mark
MarkHertsenberg
Spring, TX
Post #: 1
Sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately Tuesday is my only free weekday evening for a while so if Thursday is best for everyone I will have to postpone participation.
Tom P.
pooneil
Houston, TX
Post #: 10
This is a great meetup idea. Just to liven things up, perhaps in choosing a topic the discussion leader should also be prepared to act as devils advocate. Otherwise another member who fees like being a trouble maker for the night could step in, I know we have a few of those. smile
Richie the W.
Elvis.Fan
Houston, TX
Post #: 5
I would attend although my work schedule varies from week to week.