Welcome to the dance group.
Hudson Valley Dance Beat plays a wide array of dance music mostly from the 60’s to present with emphasis on Soul, R&B, Funk and all Latin rhythmic styles. Our song list, which is ever expanding, also includes Blues, Reggae, Disco, Rock, Swing, Afro-Latin, Jazz, Gospel, International and much more, always aiming for the music to be moving, exciting and beautiful.
Hudson Valley Dance Beat began presenting monthly dances in 2012 at the Howland Cultural Center in Beacon where, for over three years, this event brought people together from all over Dutchess County and provided a place of friendship and enjoyment in the community. In early 2016 we began expanding, and now hold monthly dances at various new locations. These include the Towne Crier Café in Beacon, the Beacon Elks Lodge, the Red Pepper Bistro in Wappingers Falls, the Beacon First Presbyterian Church, and our newest location, the Infinity Lounge in Newburgh.
Hudson Valley Dance Beat uses superb sound equipment and creates a warm and intimate ambiance for people to interact. These dances are informal and all are welcome: singles, couples, friends, newcomers.
• Towne Crier Café: one Thursday per month.
The Towne Crier is an outstanding music facility which hosts world class talent, and with a capacity of over 100. The restaurant specializes in fine, mid-priced, farm-fresh cuisine, and desserts are made fresh daily by acclaimed pastry chef Mary Ciganer. The performance room is separate from the restaurant; it has full bar and menu service, and a state of the art sound system.
• Red Pepper Bistro: one Saturday per month. The Red Pepper is located in Wappingers Falls, just south of the Dutchess Stadium on Route 9D. They serve creative Sir Lankan specialties and freshly made American cuisine. Full bar service is available. The setting is warm and earthy, and there is an outdoor patio for lounging. Admission includes Sri Lankan and American appetizers.
• Beacon Elks Lodge: one Friday or Saturday per month. The Lodge is a non-profit organization which has provided services to the community for over 90 years. The lounge is roomy with a large wood floor space for dancing. Admission includes snacks and refreshments. Drinks are available. Must be at least 18 years old.
• Beacon First Presbyterian Church: Our first dance at this location was on Friday, October 7th. As soon as future dates are worked out, they will be posted.
• Infinity Lounge: Lastly, we are very excited to be starting dance nights at the Infinity Lounge in Newburgh. The Infinity is a beautiful, renovated restaurant, bar and club located at 102 Liberty Street. Our first date is on Friday, December 9th.
Our Facebook page is at: https://www.facebook.com/Hudson-Valley-Danc...
Comments, questions and song requests are always welcome. Send a message or call (845) 765-0667 (up until 9:30 PM).
Looking forward to getting together soon,
Rhoda and Al
Be sure to look at the "Discussions" menu for important notices and other information, or to start your own discussion.