addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Hudson Valley Walk with Donkeys Message Board › Fall is a great time for donkeys and hiking!

Fall is a great time for donkeys and hiking!

Steve S.
user 99324202
Group Organizer
Ulster Park, NY
Hi All:
The Hudson Valley in Fall is a great time to be outdoors so I'm scheduling lots of events.   This Saturday is a Intro event primarily geared at those who've not had a chance to attend an event.   Two weeks from Saturday is "Donkstock 2013!" which is more social than donkey hiking.   Attendance to that is limited and first priority given to those who've attended at least one event or signed up for an upcoming event.   If all goes well, we'll make it bigger and better next year.  At the end of the October, we've got a trail walk planned for Minnewaska State Park which should be beautiful this time of year with the changing colors.
I'd schedule more but the "Little Brays of Sunshine"-- the community service therapy/ambassadorial aspect of Donkey Park--  also have some non-hiking events scheduled.   One is at the Brookside School for developmentally disabled children and the other is on Sunday, October 13th at Forsyth Nature Center in Kingston for their annual Fall Festival.
Some of you might have noticed that I've started (but not finished) assigning titles to you.    This is intended to be both fun and helpful to me for organizational purposes.    I'm still playing with this, but for now, new members are considered "Foals".    Those who've been members longer than six weeks without attending an event are "Fence Sitters".     Those who've attended one event are "Weanlings".   Those who've attended more are "Yearlings".   And I'll develop more titles which reflect your experience and standing in the herd.    Some will be personal nicknames which "usually" indicates someone who's been active enough for me to think of one.   As our member list continues to grow, this will make it easier for me to see at a glance the activity level of everyone.  Regardless, it is meant to be helpful and fun so keep that in mind!
Hope to see you at an event soon.
Steve