What we're about
Published and unpublished writers of fiction are invited to join our community of writers to provide constructive and supportive critiques of each other's works in progress, participate in writing exercises and discussions of the craft of fiction writing. Meetings will be on a monthly basis.
1. We break up into groups of 4-5 writers. Each group will have one experienced worshipper in its midst.
2. Each writer will have the opportunity to read their works to their group. The limit is 5 TYPE WRITTEN DOUBLE SPACED PAGES. You will have a maximum of 15 minutes for your reading and the discussion of your work.
3. BRING 5 COPIES OF YOUR WORK TO SHARE. If you do not bring copies to share you will not be permitted to read. It is more productive to your sharing if people can read along, plus you get the benefit of written comments.
4. You are welcome to post positive comments about our sessions on our email board, but it is not a forum for discussion about your work.
5. If you sign up to attend and are unable to attend, it is not necessary for you to let us know. We have been doing this long enough to know that stuff happens!
6. We look forward to you joining us at Barnes and Noble!