What we're about
Hudson Valley History Hikers is a unique Meet Up group that focuses on exploring the wealth of historical places located within the Valley's woodlands and elsewhere. Vanished hamlets, mines, ruined estates, cemeteries, homesteads, farms, forgotten woodland roads, and other unique places will be explored. In addition, the hikes will focus on the diverse natural beauty of the Valley. Mt. views, lakes, streams, vistas, unique woodlands, and even beavers will be sought out. **Full disclosure: This group is meant for EXPERIENCED, COMMITTED hikers who are PASSIONATE about history, nature, and exploration.** The pace will be steady, but not fast or slow. There will be numerous brief pauses for history, nature, or otherwise fascinating encounters. Expect off the beaten path, unmarked trails, off trails, nooks, and crannies. There will be several hikes each season, but not weekly, or bi-weekly. The group's size will ALWAYS be limited. This is because it is impractical to do history pauses, which is a form of outdoor education, for very large typical Meet-Up sized groups. Also, because of regular off trail and bushwhacking, it is unsafe and impractical to have a large group. ***Members who sign up for an event are EXPECTED TO ATTEND*** No- Shows, late changes of rsvp's and a lack of commitment are contrary to what this group is about, and will risk deletion from our group. Liability waiver must be signed at the meet up. Let's go find some cool stuff! Welcome!!
OUR ATTENDANCE POLICY: 1. 2 no-shows will result in removal from our group.
2. 3 late cancellations, the day before an event, are akin to no-shows, and will result in removal.
3. Signing up for 5 events, and even if you timely change your rsvp, but never actually attend an event, will result in removal.
Members with an attendance issue may contact the Organizer directly by clicking on his profile, then message.
* My changing rsvp's: I reserve the right to change any Member's rsvp based on a Member's attendance, abilities or past behavior. Also, I will remove anyone from an event if I learn that they have multiple booked themselves on other groups events at the same time. That mentality is contrary to what we're trying to accomplish. If I change an rsvp it's always with the group's best interest in mind and certainly never personal.
* There are never early outs except for unexpected emergencies.
* A representative profile, with a picture of yourself and name are expected. Non-representative profiles may result in being removed from events, or the group itself.