Hudson Valley Walking & Hiking Pages
Hudson Valley Walking & Hiking is about getting together with other interesting folks for walks, hikes and other forms of outdoor fitness. We are centered in the Mid-Hudson Valley and most of our trips will be in Ulster and Dutchess County (with some trips in the surrounding counties like Greene and Orange).
Our list of planned future hikes is based on those the members or organizers suggest and it can be found here:
- Wear appropriate clothing and shoes for each event. When in doubt, bring a good pair of hiking shoes or leave a comment on the appropriate event.
- Bring water, especially for the warmer days and/or longer trips.
- Bring sunscreen and/or bug spray. Some of the hikes will be in wooded areas which can have deer ticks. Make sure to check yourself for any ticks or bites after the trip.
- In the event of inclement weather or other circumstances causing a hike to be cancelled, the organizers will send out a notice as much in advance as possible. Make sure to check your email before leaving for the event in case of cancellation or rescheduling.
- If you RSVP for an event and are unable to make it, please try to update your RSVP, leave a comment, or email one of the organizers.
- Any minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Group members are responsible for any trail/facility entry fees.
- Please leave your pets at home (aside from service animals).
- Please try to be on time. To be fair to those attending we will start our hikes & walks soon after the announced time.
- No-Show Policy: All of us in the group love hiking and sharing that experience with others, and for that reason we have a strict no-show policy. If you commit to a hike and find you are unable to attend, update your status and/or notify the leader, so that someone else can have the opportunity to go. Members who have 2 no-shows will be removed from the group. Members who cancel out within the last 24 hours of the hike more than 2 times will also be removed from the group.
By participating in the events of this meetup, you agree to the following waiver of liability. You agree to participate in these events completely at your own risk and to take full responsibility for your own safety and well-being, as well as that of your guests. The organizers of this meetup group are not professional guides nor leaders. They simply organize and schedule events at venues and invite members of the group to participate.