Effective social networking for business workshop
Learn how to use social media for your business in a friendly constructive environment, with support from experienced HBN members. Bring your laptop/tablet/mobile along for a practical on using social networks more effectively as part of your business.
The benefit of social media for business is the ability to reach out to a wider audience who can become your ambassadors and potentially clients. Social media networking is all about engagement and conversation.
The benefit of this workshop is that you can see how others use social media and gain assistance in either trying them out for the first time or sharing additional advice and experience from other users.
The 45 minute to 1h long workshop will be in three parts
1. A demonstration of how to take an article of interest (for example an existing blog) to a wider audience and disseminate it to contacts through a variety of social media. Likely examples will be Linkedin, Google+ and Twitter.
2. The practical session where you, with the help of experienced users, apply the knowledge gained; to connect with people and exchange information of interest
3. A concluding session where experience gained in the practical is shared
As an additional positive outcome from the workshop, you will find yourself expanding your contacts in your preferred social media.
The moderators for the event are Richard Wishart, Delivery Management and Dr Chris Thomas, Milton Contact Ltd, helped by HBN members familiar with using social networking tools
Social media are now increasingly an important part of business activity. Not using them could be a distinct disadvantage in today’s markets.
So, bring your laptop/tablet/mobile along for a useful practical on using social networks more effectively as part of your business, in a friendly supportive environment.
here is the Aweber Link to this Seminar:
Friday 4th May 2012, 12:30 – 14:00. Buffet included
Huntingdonshire Business Network,
Huntingdon Indoor Bowls Club, St Peter’s Road, Huntingdon
Seminars: Cost £10 (Members pay £5) Pay on arrival at door..
You can also register your interest in this event on MeetUp at:
Huntingdonshire Business Network
Meeting Every Friday 12:30 until 14:00. No need to book a place (but it would help us manage numbers if you RSVP here), you will get the chance to promote your business and network with other local business people. Remember to bring plenty of Business Cards:
Our meetings are structured throughout the month to help in Planning:
- 1st Friday of Month - Monthly Seminar/visiting speaker
- 2nd Friday of Month - Company visit, Interesting Subject or Themed Meeting
- 3rd Friday of Month - An HBN Members Presentation
- 4th Friday of Month - Business Brief or Debate on a Business related Subject
If we have a 5th Friday in a month then we will have an open meeting
Meetings other than Seminars have a semi-formal meeting agenda and give the meetings some structure:
- 12:30 - 12:55 Set up/Meet and greet & General Networking
- 13:00 - 13:45 Semi-Formal Networking - 1 - 2 minute members business presentations (time depending on numbers attending)
- 13:45 - 14:00 Notices and Good of the Order
- 14:00 - 14:25 General Networking + Group activities
- 14:25 - 14:30 Clean up and depart
Cost & Venue.
Friday Networking: FREE to members! FREE to guests up to 3 visits
Seminars (1st Friday of Month): Cost £10 (Members pay £5) Pay on arrival at door..
Location: Huntingdon Indoor Bowls Club, St Peter's Rd, Huntingdon, PE26 7DA.