This is a group for women that just want friends to hang out with... to go to lunch with...to go shopping with...to go out to happy hour with...to go get a mani/pedi with...maybe a visit to a museum, or a bike ride at Caumsett, even strolling through Huntington Village and stopping in to get a slice at Little Vincents. We will appreciate the simple things in life. The things that make up our everyday. The things that don't require much planning, or organizing, or a lot of money, or traveling far. The things that we can do together. The little things that we can look forward to.
Our interests will be diverse. Members will bring their own interests and expose each other to new things. Some will love dogs and want to volunteer at a shelter with someone, and others will love hiking and suggest interesting places to go. Some will know of a great place for sushi and others will show us Teddy Roosevelts’ private beach in Oyster Bay. Some of us will know a great store to buy jeans, and others will tell us about the great book they are reading. We will all have our own favorite things and places to go that we want to share with each other, and we will all be enriched from those experiences. This group will be all the best each of us has to offer and we will encourage others to suggest events.
This group is for women that have time during the week days for get-togethers. That want things to do during weekday mornings, afternoons and evenings. That don’t want to infringe on weekend family time, but will occasionally want to get together on weekends for a fair or festival, or a beach trip, or ride out to Port Jeff for some Fish & Chips with their new friends.
This is a great group for retirees, stay at home moms that have free time during the day, women that work part time and want to do more than errands and cleaning on their days off, empty nesters' that have neglected their needs for their children and now realize they want to have a life also, or women that work from home and can grab some “me time” during the day.
This group is for women that are LOCAL to Huntington, that love Long Island (and our Country). This group is for women that aren't necessarily looking for adventure (but may find some anyway) but just want companionship and friendship. This group is for nice, down to earth women that just want friends to hang out with.
1) Membership dues are $10.00 per year. There is a 90 day trial period. Meet Up has a payment system called WePay, so you can pay through there, or contact me directly if you wish to pay another way. The purpose of the membership dues is to cover the cost of organizing the group (Meet Up organizer fees), but also to encourage more engaged members. From advice I got from other organizers, this does help to have a group with members that really want to be a part of the group rather than being in multiple groups with little intention of actually participating in events.
2) Please have your name and a recent photo when requesting membership so we can recognize you at the events.
3) Where ever we go that requires money, everyone will be responsible for their own bill/ticket and so on. If in a restaurant, we will ask for our own tabs. I know this can be difficult for the waitstaff, but it’s the only way to keep things fair and to also not hinder someone from ordering freely without feeling awkward for ordering more expensive items, or wanting to order very little. I am open to other suggestions.
4) Do not RSVP “yes” and not show up. If you’ve RSVP’d “yes” and cannot make it, please contact me and change your RSVP to “no”. Please don't back out so close to the day of the event. If the event is limited and some are put on the "wait list", and you back out the day before, then the members on the "wait list" don't have much advanced notice.
5) This group will have a limited amount of members. Members that are inactive, or cancel multiple events will be removed to make room for new members, regardless if dues were already paid.
6) Let's keep politics out of this group. We all have our opinions, but nobody's opinion is more "right", and no one should have to defend their opinion to another person. There's so much craziness out there, let's not bring that in here.
7) No networking please.
I look forward to meeting you all! This is going to be fun! Lisa