addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Oracle's Big Data Strategy

Presentation on Oracle's Big Data Strategy.

We may have another presentation as well.


We will also do some meetup planning discussions and planning for future meetings.

dealnews is providing pizzas and soda in addition to the room.






Join or login to comment.

  • James B.

    Do you know when the next Meetup will be?

    April 18, 2014

  • Dan N.

    Flat-file, MySQL, and key/value stores cover 95% of my needs. I'm at a loss for that when I hit that remaining 5%. Good to see these large-scale methods and hope to learn more.

    1 · October 15, 2013

  • James B.


    October 15, 2013

  • Dan N.

    Good meetup! Thanks for presenting!

    1 · October 15, 2013

  • Tom P.

    We are going to reschedule this presentation to Tuesday October 15th, and we will have another presentation on Tuesday September 17th.

    1 · September 11, 2013

  • James B.

    Tentative yes. Will know more as I get closer. Thanks for updating.

    August 7, 2013

  • Tom P.

    Changed the date to Tuesday, September 17th.

    With regards to the question about companies in Hunstville actively engaged in Big Data. There is at least one on-going Apache Hadoop project on Redstone Arsenal that I'm aware of. There are a number of other projects that have discussed it, and are exploring the idea.

    1 · August 7, 2013

  • James B.

    Looks like I won't be able to make it after all. I have class during this time.

    August 6, 2013

  • Tom Z.

    Does anyone see any company in Huntsville actively engaged in big data?

    1 · July 29, 2013

  • James B.

    So far as I know I can make it, but that may change based on college.

    July 12, 2013

23 went

Our Sponsors


    dealnews is providing lunch and a conference room

  • O'Reilly Books and Strata Conference

    20% discount code for Strata is UGD4G20.

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy