addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Hyderabad Bicycling Club Message Board › Need help with bicycle. Im 6 feet and 87kg.

Need help with bicycle. Im 6 feet and 87kg.

Anand Theertha D.
user 95513772
Hyderabad, IN
Post #: 1
Hi All,
I want ur suggestion. budget is around 10 - 12k. preferably MTB. im not sure if the thin tires of the hybrid can bare me for long.
Pls help me.

Thanks
Anand Theertha
Prateek S.
user 66047722
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 1
Don't worry. The thin tires on a hybrid will hold you up :). At that range, I'd go for the Hercules neo ryder. But if you want to go in for an MTB, go for Rockrider 5.0. You can get it at discounted rates at Decathlon store.
Anand Theertha D.
user 95513772
Hyderabad, IN
Post #: 2
Thanks a lot.
vimal chandra m.
user 72639282
Hyderabad, IN
Post #: 6
Whats the price of a Rock rider 5.0 at a decathlon store?
Anand Theertha D.
user 95513772
Hyderabad, IN
Post #: 3
it seems thr is some diwali offer... 7999/-
vimal chandra m.
user 72639282
Hyderabad, IN
Post #: 7
Where is it being sold at for rs 7999/ ?
A former member
Post #: 4
Where is it being sold at for rs 7999/ ?
The offer was till 11th November at Decathlon, Samshabad.
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi, First identify your purpose.
If you really go for off roading on trails, then only MTBs are worth.
If you want for city riding(indian roads with pot holes and little off road), my strong recommendation is hybrid (herculues neo/firefox roadrunner/schwin sportera) etc.,

I tried RR 5.0 to office for 10 kms and it sucks. Those bulk tyres are not worth for city ride.
luckily i had exchanged with Firefox roadrunner. It is great and solid on off road as well, given no stunting or jumping.
Aroon
user 19051561
Hyderabad, IN
Post #: 127
hercules act 110
A former member
Post #: 31
If you are 6 feet, hercules act 110 will be small. The RR5.0 might get very uncomfortable for taller chaps as the saddle to handle drop ( for size L) would be a quite a bit.