|| Location in maps : https://goo.gl/ivo7ZM ||
Novice Rock Climbing Course ( NRCC )
July 20th : 6 A.M - 10 A.M
July 21st : 6 A.M - 10 A.M
This Course if part of a two part Series Novice (NRCC) and Advanced (ARCC) Rock climbing course.
NRCC - You will learn Bouldering(short climb without ropes) and get introduced to various climbing forms and principles.
ARCC - You will learn Sport Climbing (Climbing with Ropes) and get introduced to various anchoring and basic rescue set-ups.
Please read the full description to know the process of registration and confirmation.
Rock Climbing is an adventure activity which involves climbing up a vertical rock face. There are various types of Rock Climbing like Bouldering, Sports Climbing and Trad Climbing.
1. Bouldering is a form of rock climbing that is performed without the use of ropes or harnesses usually up to a height of 15 or 20 ft. While it can be done without any equipment whatsoever, most climbers use climbing shoes to help secure footholds, chalk to keep their hands dry, and bouldering mats to prevent injuries from falls. Bouldering is also the latest sport to be recommended for inclusion in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
2. Sports Climbing is a form of rock climbing that relies on permanent anchors made or bolts fixed on to the rocks.
3. Rappelling or Abseiling is a controlled descent on a vertical face of a rock/mountain using a rope. It is usually done after summiting a vertical rock that has no other route of exit.
Apart from the technical skills to climb rocks, a major part of rock climbing also involves various other important skills on setting up anchors for Sports Climb, techniques to spot the climber for Bouldering, the usage of specialized climbing gear for trad climbing and most importantly the Rope and Knot work that is involved in all these forms.
In this workshop, we will learn all such skills that forms the foundation of rock climbing. All participants will undergo training on Bouldering and learn the basics of Sports Climbing and Rappelling except Trad Climbing. Participants will not only learn various forms of climbing but also the necessary S.E.R.E.N.E principles of anchor systems to secure a Top Rope Climbing anchor and Rappelling anchor.
July 20th, Saturday : 6 A.M :
--Introduction to Bouldering followed by Bouldering sessions for participants.
--A Demo S.E.R.E.N.E Anchor systems for Sports Climbing and Rappelling.
July 21st, Sunday : 6 A.M :
--Bouldering Medium difficulty rocks and learnign advanced bouldering techniques.
--Introduction to Sports Climbing and Rappelling.
-- S.E.R.E.NE Anchor System set up.
Steps to confirm your slot
1. Register yourself to the waitlist here.
2. Pay INR 1000 using the below link to confirm your slot.
3. You may also do a Direct Account transfer of INR 1000 instead to the following account.
Account Holder Name: Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
Account Type: Savings Bank
Branch Branch: Road No 2, Banjara Hills
IFSC Code: UTIB[masked]
Payment Remark:[masked]_your name
Please paste your transaction number in the comments section.
4. On spot payment is 1200/-
For more info please contact the below organizer,
Ananth - nine nine eight five 0 147 eight seven (sms or watsapp preferred)
*Hyderabad Climbers is the climbing wing of GHAC - a registered non-profit organization. All proceeds from this event will go into equipment maintenance and purchase.