Hosted by The Linux Foundation, Hyperledger is an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies. Hyperledger community is one of largest Blockchain communities in the world, particularly focusing on business value of decentralization in corporate space.
We are honored to have Oracle with us in this meetup. Oracle has officially become member of Hyperledger consortium since August 2017. Oracle has been making contributions to Hyperledger projects constantly. Oracle Autonomous Blockchain Cloud Service is fully based on Hyperldegr Fabric, launched in July 2018 and now is being used by clients in different industries worldwide.
In this meetup, Callan Howell-Pavia and Pete Winn from Oracle will share with us:
* why Oracle chose to use Hyperledger Fabric;
* the role Hyperledger in adding value to enterprise applications;
* how companies around the world have leveraged the Oracle Blockchain Platform and Hyperledger.
- 6.00pm: Arrivals and Networking
- 6.30pm: Welcome (presenter Cliff Huang)
- 6.40pm: Demonstration of the Oracle Blockchain platform - specific enhancements and extensions made possible by the plug-able nature of Hyperledger Fabric (presenter Callan Howell-Pavia)
- 7.30pm: Discussion - Provide a framework for assessing enterprise blockchain use cases (presenter Peter Winn)
- 8.20pm: Q&A - lessons learned through development of real world use cases (presenter Callan Howell-Pavia and Peter Winn)
- 8.40pm: Event Close
Cliff HUANG is Senior Manager from Accenture, who has been working on Hyperledger since 2017. He has great passion to open source technologies and decentralisation through blockchain.
Cliff's LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/cliff-h-7815aa4/
Callan HOWELL-PAVIA is a Solutions Engineer at Oracle, and was involved in the development of Oracle's Blockchain cloud service. His focus is upon developer experience, and if it has an API, or can have one crudely wrapped around it, Callan will be there. He is a big fan of smart contract development, mostly because it lets him write synchronous code for once.
Callan's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/callan-howell-pavia-73646756/
Peter WINN is a Cloud Platform Strategist at Oracle with a focus on how companies can leverage emerging technology in their strategy. He is a Blockchain Strategy Graduate from Said Business School, Oxford and has been actively working with others to design solutions for distributed fundraising and impact realization to support the UN 2030 SDGs. He is mostly excited by the opportunities presented by decentralising human cooperation.
Pete's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pete-winn-karmapay/
This is event is sponsored by Oracle.
Photos are usually taken during Hyperledger Sydney meetup for social purposes and eventually put online. Attendance is taken as consent.