addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

I am Happy Project - New York, NY Message Board › Make a Real Difference in Someones life.

Make a Real Difference in Someones life.

A former member
Post #: 120
Well G and G's - now with the Holidays behind us, what have we learned about ourselves? I'm sure most of us were in the "Holiday Spirit" for a good 2-3 weeks as we rushed to buy gifts and prepare bountiful dinners for our friends and loved ones. And I am quite sure that we directed some of our attention to those who were not as fortunate as ourselves. Especially the elderly and those who were recently unemployed. But as nice as we felt with our hearts filled with "Giving" it is important to remember that "Giving" is not reserved for just the Holidays.
"Giving" is really a 365 day job. Lets try to have some of that Holiday Spirit carry over into the other 50 weeks of the year. I have friends at work who smile from ear to ear during the weeks leading up to the holidays and as soon as New Years day is over- Guess What ??? You're Right-- they revert back to their "Me" Mode. Me Me Me--- for the next 50 weeks. Sooooooooooo whats my point- you may ask?
Please try to keep the "Other Person" is mind for more than just 2 weeks of the year. For me - its EZ. And why is it EZfor me ???? Because I get a real sense of Pleasure and Happiness from "Helping" others.
And by "helping" I am referring to lending assistance or opening a door or shaking a hand or making a compliment. Sometimes it is the little things that we remember most in life.
Every day I find myself helping others even without thinking about it. Its automatic with me. It doesn't matter if that person needing assistance is a pretty young woman or an elderly man. What matters most is that they"need" someone to assist them in some capacity. Sooo its "Giving" that makes ME Happy.
Lets all share a Smile Together by helping whenever we can. Okay?? thanks J.J.