So you've been hearing a lot of buzz about Chatbots and Serverless tech, but how exactly do we build a chatbot using IBM Watson Assistant, and connect it with a Serverless Backend for custom use-cases.
Bring your laptop and come find out at IBM Developer SF's meetup!
During the workshop, we will learn how to integrate weather insights with a chatbot. The user of the chatbot will be able to know the weather conditions of a location by entering it in the bot.
At the end of the hands-on workshop, we would have learned:
- How to build a simple chatbot using IBM Watson Assistant.
- What are intents, entities and dialog flows in Natural Language Understanding (NLU)?
- What is Serverless tech, the benefits, and who are the players in the Serverless ecosystem?
- How to create a Serverless function which can interact and retrieve weather insights using the Weather Data Company API.
- How to integrate our chatbot with our custom serverless function.
What are you waiting for?
Ashutosh Agarwal (Ash) is a software engineer/developer advocate at IBM since 2017, joining right after he graduated Cornell with his Masters in Computer Science with a focus on Machine Learning.
He loves playing around with AI services, Blockchain, IoT, and Ethical Hacking during the day, and loves climbing after work.
His name is engraved on a mini-monument outside the Mozilla office in SF, but his best achievement so far, is climbing a rad V6.