addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Innovators and Entrepreneurs of MSP Message Board › RSVPs to Innovators & Entrepreneurs MeetUp are Consistently Below Actual Turnout

RSVPs to Innovators & Entrepreneurs MeetUp are Consistently Below Actual Turnout

Clyde H.
user 17116041
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
FYI--The RSVP count on MeetUp consistently is below our actual turnout.  Unfortunately I think some MeetUp registrants may think low RSVP counts mean that a meeting might be canceled and therefore they don't RSVP or show up.  I don't cancel meetings based on RSVP counts.  I'm glad to meet with one person and have enjoyed such conversations.  I arrange a substitute host if I cannot attend on short notice.

My invitation list on LinkedIn and my personal address book is three times larger than the MeetUp membership for this group.  MNtech.com also promotes this MeetUp.  I can see how MeetUp likes RSVPs to document their audience but with the fleixiblity of our venue, a turn-out estimate has not been important to our meeting planning.  I can't turn off the RSVP function.

I looke forward to meeting you and introducing you to our group.

Cheers!

Clyde Hanson