addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Activities Dinner

  • Apr 2, 2014 · 7:00 PM
  • Mexicali Bar & Grill


This is a totally open, all-member activity planning meeting of the IEAA.

This meeting will be open to all IEAA members, and will follow parliamentary procedure. Members can directly vote and decide on new and current activities for the IEAA. 

Our agenda for this meeting is as follows:

Date/Time: April 2, 2014; 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Location: Mexicali Bar and Grill, Riverside.

• 7:00 Greetings, food orders.

• 7:10 Call to order:

     • Roll call

     • Approval of Agenda

     • Reading and approval of previous minutes - Carolyn

• 7:20 Treasurer's Report - Phillip

 7:30 Committee and planned reports: 

     • Outreach - Greg

     • Website - Justin

     • Incorporation - Greg

     • Galileo - Phillip

• 7:50, Consent Calendar:

     1. $60 for market night booth in early April.

• 8:00, Old Business:

     • Final approval of Policies for incorporation

     • Approval of Dues/membership: Proposed $25 a year.

     • April MM: Screening of Fall from Grace, documentary about WBC in honor of Fred Phelps death.

     • May: Cinco Day Mayo event, Anne is willing to speak about Latino issues relating to secularism, looking for additional speaker. 

• 8:40, New business:

     • Secular Service ideas

     • June Monthly meeting: Finalize date and program. 

     • New Officer Titles:  amendment to Bylaws to help divest power by creating Membership Chair, Vice-Chair, and Outreach Chair positions for current board members. See below.

     • Amend Quorum: Since we are moving to a paid membership system, a smaller quorum is beneficial. Proposed amendment below calls for 6.

     • Proposals from Membership

• 9:20, Pick next meeting time and location.

• 9:30, Adjournment

This meeting has a set end time of 8:30, at which point all business should be put aside or a vote taken to extend time. Planning Meetings are held every month and are open to all members.

If you have questions or would like to add an item to the Agenda, please contact Gregory Mckinley-Powell at [masked]


Discussion of possible increase in dues: There will be a discussion of increasing the Dues of the IEAA from the current amount of $0 to $25

Amendment to the IEAA Bylaws to create for new Officer Positions and change Quorum.

III. Planning Meetings

Planning Meetings require the presence of the Chair or Vice-Chair, one (1) additional board members and at least four (4) Members in order to form a quorum.

VIII. Officers

The Board shall select from among its number six (6) officers: a Chairperson, a Secretary, a Treasury Officer, a Membership Chair, a Vice-Chair, and an Outreach Chair.   

The Membership Chair shall oversee the membership rosters and the collection and status of dues. It shall also be the duty of the Membership Chair to oversee programs to recruit new members and retain existing members.

The Vice-Chair shall preside over meetings in the event the Chair is unable to attend a meeting. The Vice-Chair should also assist the Chair and other officers in their duties.

The Outreach Chair shall chair the outreach committee and administer, or cause to be administered, the responsibilities of the committee.

Join or login to comment.

  • Robin S.

    I have a root canal scheduled for 1pm. I should be fine by 7pm, but there is a small possibility that I won't feel well enough to attend.

    April 2, 2014

  • Greg M.

    I've moved the time back an hour, hope this isn't a problem.

    March 31, 2014

  • Robin S.

    Is this being rescheduled?

    March 29, 2014

    • Joey O.

      We might push it back an hour, but we're going to try to get back on time.

      March 29, 2014

  • Greg M.

    Oh dear, I think I may have scheduled this for when I'm out of town!

    March 22, 2014

12 went

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy