addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Illustrator User Group Message Board › Tech Shop tour

Tech Shop tour

terry m.
user 10774917
San Francisco, CA
Hi ILUGers!

Interested in a meeting at the Tech Shop in San Francisco?

What would you be interested in learning about? What would you like to get your hands on?

I went on a tour in April. Pretty cool things you can do.

Here's the link to the sf tech shop.

http://www.techshop.w...­

Discussion started on message board. What's your thought?

Terry

Co-Organizer, ILUG

Jonathan B.
user 17880501
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Hey Terry! The tools im dying to get my hands on would be the laser cutter, the cnc router, and the 3d printer. I think it would be a super cool tutorial to 3d print a basic extrusion in illustrator, or even something illustrating the intricacies of laser engraving.
A former member
Post #: 22
I didn't know there were tours available. I'd be interested in a tour.
Doug M.
IntuEdge
Occidental, CA
Post #: 48
I'd want to see the flow from IL to the vinyl cutter and the embroiderer. That would extend my ability to get my designs and logos out where people can use and see them.
terry m.
user 10774917
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 6
Doug, It sounds like the tech shop would be a great place for you. Quite a few people there are building prototypes of products.
terry m.
user 10774917
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 7
Jonathan,
Thanks for the list. I'll be talking to someone next tuesday at Techshop.

Hey Terry! The tools im dying to get my hands on would be the laser cutter, the cnc router, and the 3d printer. I think it would be a super cool tutorial to 3d print a basic extrusion in illustrator, or even something illustrating the intricacies of laser engraving.

terry m.
user 10774917
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 8
Martin, I hope to know more about the specifics end of next week. Thanks for your interests.

I didn't know there were tours available. I'd be interested in a tour.