What we’re about
A warm welcome to Expat Republic The Hague!
Thanks for being part of the Expat Republic family! With events running across The Netherlands you're bound to find some really cool folks you can connect with. We hold various events on a regular basis aimed at bringing people together and having good old fashion fun. Please let us know if you'd like to be an event host or organizer: http://www.expatrepublic.com/contact/
We're thrilled to have on our mailing list! We'll keep you in the loop with our latest news and helpful info regarding living and working in The Netherlands. I'm sure we'll have some fun stuff too.
Here is some great info relevant for expats and expat life in The Netherlands:
Don't forget to join our Facebook group, so you can meet other expats and ask questions to our community. you can also signup to our newsletter where we feature loads of great info for expatriates and life in The Netherlands.
Banking & Finance
Healthcare in The Netherlands
Buying a Bike in The Netherlands
Working in The Netherlands
Karim P.S. Dutch are most certainly welcome and encouraged!
Special thank you to Beacon Financial Education for being our meetup group sponsor. They provide a myriad of education and information regarding investments and financial matters. Please do checkout their website and book an appointment with a financial advisor
If there's anything your missing please don't hesitate to let me know!
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- Buying Your Own Home in The HagueLink visible for attendees
With rental prices being high and mortgages being easily accessible due to low-interest rates, now is a great time to consider buying your new home in the Hague. With this in mind, what else would you need to consider when buying your own home?
At the Buying Your Own Home event, we will share with you all you need to know about the process of purchasing a home. We will be discussing the following
- The advantages of buying vs. renting
- The process of buying a home
- Key players you’ll meet during the process
- Other Important things to know
- Timeline and costs
After the presentation, which will take around 30-45 minutes, there will be plenty of time for Q&A to help you with your questions. The following speakers will share their knowledge and insights with you, allowing you to take this information into account when considering buying a home:
Date: Tuesday, Dec ember 12, 2023
Time: 11:15 - 12:15 CET
- The Quest for Your Ideal Job in The Netherlands - WebinarLink visible for attendees
Ready to embark on an exciting journey towards your dream job, regardless of your current career stage? Join us for a webinar that will empower you to make a fresh start and pursue the job you've always dreamed of!
In this session, we will cover:
- Starting Fresh: Discover why it's never too late to begin a new career, even if you have years of experience in your current job.
- The Power of Pursuing Your Dream Job: Uncover the incredible benefits that come with finding and pursuing your dream job.
- Breaking Barriers: Learn how to navigate a career transition without formal qualifications or direct experience.
Join us for this webinar and gain the confidence and tools to take the leap towards a fulfilling career!
About The Sponsor
Kanta Clarity Coaching helps professionals discover meaningful careers suited to their talents, passions and goals.
With a focus on personal growth and career development, Kanta Clarity Coaching offers tailored programs that empower individuals to break through limitations, cultivate self-awareness, and build their confidence. Together, we'll navigate the path to success, uncover hidden talents, and unlock new opportunities for professional fulfillment.
- Moving to The Netherlands WebinarLink visible for attendees
Good job! You made the jump, or you are about to! Lucky you, you’ve decided to move to one of the most beautiful countries in the world. And with all the Netherlands’ beauty, highly advanced economy, down-to-earth locals, and a booming job market, it’s not a bad move.
Before, and once, you’ve relocated, there are a few things you will need to know or arrange beforehand. With that in mind, we’ve put this webinar together to help make your arrival as hassle-free as possible. Therefore, this webinar is ideal for those who are about to move or have just moved to The Netherlands.
In this webinar, we’ll discuss the following:
- Your first three months in The Netherlands
- Housing & Accommodation, and shorty stay
- Relocating alone and/or with a Family
- Registration at City Hall
- Transportation & Public Transport
- Health insurance & Healthcare & Dentistry in The Netherlands
- Setting up a bank account
- Pitfalls and scams to watch out for in your move
- Making the process as smooth and as cost-effective as possible
- Questions you may have (Q&A)
In this webinar, you’ll get a local’s advice as well as best practices on what to look out for and a list of the best service providers.
About the sponsor
Welocate is a full service real estate agency. Whether you have just moved to the Netherlands and about to rent or have been here for a few years and are ready to buy a new home, The people at Welocate are here for you. Their packages for buying, selling, renting out and renting are customized to your specific requirements and providing everything you need at a fixed and transparent price. With more than 10 years of experience in the Netherlands, they offer extensive knowledge about the Dutch real estate market.
- Newcomer Networking EventSpoorwegmuseum, Utrecht, UT
Are you new in the Netherlands or around for a little while and looking to meet new people?
Join the Newcomer Networking Event on 15 November organised by the International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region for an evening of networking and information gathering.
Meet fellow internationals and browse the stands of expat focused companies and organisations in taxes, housing, and volunteering services. All while enjoying live music, drinks and bites.
Join the event to:
- Meet new people during a fun networking game;
- a coach, chiropractor or psychologist;
- Enjoy live music, free drinks and streetfood bites
The International Welcome Centre’s service providers have got you covered. The event is the perfect opportunity to have a chat with the experts and browse through their information stands. Check out an overview of the experts present at the event in the menu above.
When: 15 November 2023, 18:00 – 21:00 p.m. (CET) You can walk in at any time.
Where: Spoorwegmuseum in Utrecht
There will be plenty of local businesses available showcasing their services for expats and available to help with your settling-in questions. At the Newcomer Networking Event, you can:
- Get information on how to secure a mortgage
- Get answers to your rental and housing questions
- Talk to recruiters and learn about volunteer work
- Learn about education opportunities in Utrecht Region
- Check out cultural activities for internationals
A ticket includes access to the event, the networking game and free drinks and bites.