This will be a dynamic group, with consistent communication from me and among members. In this regard, this group truly fosters cohesion and community. We embrace and value members who are a good fit for the culture of this group.
The discussion board is used quite frequently, with dialogue to take place between events. Therefore, as discussions happen, MeetUp platform sends email notifications with each correspondence to keep all members informed and updated.
Events are often scheduled in batches for efficient organizations. Again, the MeetUp platform will send email notifications per event.
Please be expecting a series of emails during that are sent during discussions and platforms. These are automatically sent by the MeetUp platform.
This is a group that prefers 100 members who can truly connect with one another, over 1000 members that only meets at events with nothing in between (unfortunately leaving the experience on a surface level without depth of connection).
Three Firm "Rules" - Respect & RSVP
1. This is a group of mutual respect and kindness. Anything else is not acceptable.
2. RSVPs are taken seriously. To remain active in the group, please RSVP / change RSVP as per your ability to attend. After 3 "no shows" (no message / change in RSVP status after an RSVP "Yes"), access to future group events will be unavailable.
3. RSVP changes to an event must be made latest 2 hours before start time to be included / excluded (unless of emergency of course)
Two Kind Requests - Waitlisting
1. If you know in advance that you will not be able to attend an event, but have already RSVP "Yes" - Please remove / change to RSVP to "No" as soon as possible. This will allow enough time for people on the waitlist to schedule if s/he remains interested. People on waitlist are automatically moved over to "Yes" in order of signup.
2. Even if an event is full and you are interested, please consider RSVP "Yes" / Waitlist. Depending on the increase in waitlist, I may increase the attendance number if feasible (location, time, etc.). I use the waitlist number as a prompt.
Your respect and cooperation are appreciated in these two aspects to make all group events the best for everyone.