In this 45-minute master class by award-winning fiction book editor Kristen Hamilton, you’ll learn the step-by-step instructions on how to transform your manuscript from a rough draft to a piece that is ready for a professional book editor. Self-editing will train you to become a better author and will save you money when hiring an editor. Then, we’ll talk about how to find the best book editor for your manuscript, what to expect during the editing process, and how hiring a professional editor will boost your book’s chances at success in this saturated market.
Topics to be covered include:
- What to look for in the self-editing process
- Why beta readers are necessary - and how to find them
- Why self-editing must occur before professional editing
- How to find the right editor for your manuscript
- What to expect when working with a professional editor