addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

IVB.hk - Indoor Volleyball hk Message Board › IVB.hk FAQ

IVB.hk FAQ

Closed to new replies

Michael M.
michaelmok
Group Organizer
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 18
How do I get an IVB rating?
Join a game where an admin of IVB is present.
Before the game, let the admin know you are currently unrated and require a rating.

If I'm not rated, how do I get confirmed to attend a game?
Event hosts look to fill games with rated players first as those players have been vetted. To gain a hosts confidence, you should complete your profile as detailed as possible in respect of your volleyball skills and experience e.g. where you played, what position(s), and no. of years of experience etc. , add a clear profile photo and if possible, get another rated member to vouch for you. Best way to get into a game is to be a host on IVB and invite other players to join!

How come my rating is so low?
Admins are instructed to be cautious when giving an initial rating. Continue to play games through IVB, and over time your rating will be adjusted to the correct level.

How come I am not getting picked to attend games?
You may be unrated or do not meet the host's requirement. Best way to get into a game is to be a host on IVB and invite other players to join!

How do I challenge my rating?
Please send a message to one of the IVB admins and the admin team will keep a careful eye on you the next time you're on the court.

What's the different coed and reverse?
Coed <> Reverse Coed
235-243cm net <> 224cm net
Normal rotation <> No rotation, 3 male players stay in the back row and only attack from the back row

How do I find a sub if I cannot attend?
Check the sub requirement from the hosts. Usually they require at least the same rating as yourself and same gender. You should start with the existing wait list before you ask your friends, etc.

How do I host games?
Firstly, you should have a court booked and confirmed. Second, you need to post the event on IVB's platform with all the event details and description and an admin will approve the event thereafter. After hosting several events, you may be promoted to be a permanent Event Organizer.

Why should I host my game at IVB?
IVB has a diverse population of players who are passionate about volleyball. The majority of players are very experienced and highly skilled. This is the place for you to host if you are looking for an organized volleyball game.