What we're about
The group is for experienced Product Managers, or those holding a position by that title or the following: Product Owner, CPO, CTO, VP of Product, or a job description which requires you to manage a product and/or product team at least part time around the Indy area.
We desire to build the practice of Product Management in Indy and a forum for PMs to help other PMs with advice. We are a collaborative group where everyone has something to offer and something to learn.
We needed a way to build the practice of Product Management in Indy while also allowing a forum for PMs to help other PMs with advice.
In other words, it’s not strictly a presenter download session, but more of a collaborative group where everyone has something to offer and something to learn.
We are not looking for aspiring PMs, since that would break the collaborative model. We require approximately 2 years of Product Management experience to join. Your contributions as a PM will be as valuable to others as what the experience of others will be to you and your product.
If you have products to manage, this group will help its members deal with the following:
· Product Planning
· Communication (Customer, Corporate, Team, Cross-Team...they're all different)
· Design Sprints
· Good to Great (what does this mean for products?)
· Agile Processes/Practices
· Engineering foot-dragging
· Office Politics...this one can really crush a good product team!
· Innovation days
· Delivery Strategy
· New Product Development
· Customer Interaction/Customer Advisory Boards
· Roadmap Philosophy
· Dealing with Investors and Boards
· CEO sabotage of roadmaps…it happens
· Raising Capital
· …many other product-related topics