We are adults (19 years old+) who are having fun doing synchronized swimming! This sport, also known as artistic swimming, is a great, fun way to get some unique exercise on a weekly basis. If you've done it before, come check us out! Never been and would like to try? We're happy to teach and coach too! We welcome everybody who has a real interest. If you have a willingness to try something new and push out of your comfort zone, then you can totally try synchro. Expect to get your hair wet and go upside down!
To join our group, every swimmer should have:
- a sport-style suit (nothing with flowy, extra decoration and the suit will stay in place as you move around)
- cap, goggles, nose-clips (for your first time or two, you may borrow from a supply) you can also just tie your hair back on your first time if you don't have a cap.
- shower supplies are optional
- a bag to contain all your belongings (bags are kept in sight on deck)
- comfortable being in water, deeper than being able to touch
- be in reasonably good health with a good range of motion
- be able to swim some distance across the water
- able to tread water for some amount of time
You don't need to know all strokes. You can learn new ones along with the synchro skills.
We're building a supportive group with a team spirit that also supports the regular Indy Synchro club. We're looking for members who have a positive attitude who would enjoy expanding on their aquatic skills. Currently, we have possible show opportunities and with enough training and interest, we could explore doing competition.