The San Francisco Innovation Meetup is for people who want to learn how to be more innovative within their professional lives and organizations. We will focus not only on the methodologies and mindset required to conceive of innovative ideas, but also on the processes, resources, talent, and organizational support needed to successfully design, build, and launch innovative products, platforms, and businesses.
Our meetup's format will change from month-to-month: sometimes we will have a guest speaker, other times we will hear from a panel of experts, while other meetings will focus on group discussions and hands-on skill development. The last 15 minutes of every meetup will be reserved for an attendee to share an idea or challenge they're currently working on so they can receive constructive feedback or problem-solving help from their peers.
SOME TOPICS WE WILL EXPLORE TOGETHER:
• The mindset, beliefs, and behaviors required to be more innovative
• Incremental vs Disruptive innovation
• User research and customer discovery methodologies
• How individuals and teams can generate innovative ideas
• Case studies of where some of the world's most innovative ideas have come from
• How to leverage Design Thinking, Lean Startup, Jobs To Be Done, Business Model Canvas, and other popular innovation frameworks and tools
• Product validation through prototyping, piloting, and user testing
• Accelerating innovation through partnerships with startups (accelerators, incubators, prototypes, and pilots)
• Scaling innovation once your idea has started to gain traction
WHO THE MEETUP IS FOR:
• Product Managers
• Product & UX Designers
• Program & Project Managers
• User Researchers
• Startup Founders & Team Members
• Software Engineers working on innovative products or platforms
• Anyone else interested in learning about how they can be more innovative
I look forward to meeting you and learning about innovation together!