Needs a location
Imagine a luxurious French river cruise through the celebrated wine regions of Côtes du Rhône and Burgundy with one of Santa Barbara County’s most influential winemakers. We are making this dream reality!
Today, Santa Barbara County is world-renown for winemaking—especially for pinot noir from Sta. Rita Hills AVA. To describe its development, you would have to start with Richard Sanford—who with Michael Benedict, planted the first pinot noir grapes. He is the ONLY Santa Barbara vintner—and one of just 44 winemakers world-wide—to be inducted into the Vintners Hall of Fame.
Plus, he is a very gracious, humble and approachable person and Thekla is a charming and dynamic partner. It’s going to be a real treat to spend a week learning from them and enjoying exclusive wine events with Alma Rosa wines!
Inside Wine Santa Barbara is very proud to be working with Alma Rosa Winery, Touring & Tasting, and the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History in organizing this amazing, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. My husband and I will be on board--we wouldn't miss it for the world!
See below for all the details. Questions? CONTACT ME! Tama at insidewinesantabarbara@ yahoo.com. I can answer questions and get answers if I don’t have them. I’ve been on this exact cruise two years ago and I can give you the “inside scoop” and well as help as best I can for you to have the best possible experience!
And/or CALL MARIE:[masked] at the travel agency that will be handling all the logistics, she’s very easy to work with and has ALL the information. She is the one to take your cruise booking and can also book air and other travel. Prices start at $2,984 + port tax per person for all inclusive, including gratuities, wine and spirits, all meals, etc. (see below). The usual single supplement has been waived on this cruise!
Marie: Marie.Lewis@ traveletm.com
Event Travel Management (formerly Montrose Travel)
*NOTE: Just RSVPing on our Meetup page does not secure a stateroom on the cruise--you must book it through Marie.
There are plenty of staterooms open now aboard Uniworld’s S.S. Catherine—but we did not book the entire ship. It will fill up soon with people outside our group, so if you are interested, move quickly to get information to make your decision.
A 10% deposit secures your fare and your exact stateroom. 10% discount has been extended! Pay in full when you book before September 30th! Plus, receive $300 onboard credit for spa treatments, premium spirits, or paid excursions. All morning excursions (see below) are included in the cruise fare (free), there will be afternoon excursions with a fee. I took the cooking class at the Paul Bocuse culinary institute in Lyon—amazing!
Single? Don't worry! There is no single supplement on this cruise!
VIEW CRUISE: http://montrosetravel.com/Alma-Rosa-Cruise
Here are 3 additional events planned for our group beyond what is listed below, confirmed with Richard. These are not in particular order and subject to change if anything arises beyond my control:
• a vineyard walk with him in Hermitage, observing the trellis system, etc. to compare with his systems
• a wine tasting seminar with the entire ship (in addition to our exclusive wine events)
• optional participation in a "show and tell" where we will purchase local wines during our outings during the day to taste local wines with our group over dinner, with commentary from Richard and Thekla on varietal distinctions and viticulture
All Included in our Alma Rosa Cruise:
• 7-night cruise in a river view stateroom on the striking S.S. Catherine
• Lavishly appointed river view staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
• All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
• 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
• Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions
• PRIVATE ALMA ROSA WINE RECEPTION WITH RICHARD AND THEKLA
• Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
• SPECIAL ALMA ROSA WINE-PAIRED GOURMET DINNER
• Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
• 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
• Guided “Go Active,” “Do as the Locals Do,” “Village Day” and “Gentle Walking” programs
4 UNESCO World Heritage sites
• EXCLUSIVE WINE SEMINAR WITH THE SANFORDS, JUST FOR OUR GROUP
• State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audioheadset system on all excursions
• Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
• onboard local entertainment
• Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "Vincent van Gogh's Troubled Destiny"
• All transfers on arrival and departure days-airport shuttle to/from the pier
• All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
Six categories (suites most expensive at $6,384 per person) with the lowest price of $2,984 + port tax/person for a Category 5.
Of course, the more you spend the more amenities you receive! But, the lowest price stateroom is still beautifully appointed and you get all the same wine events, services, and amenities listed above.
Carpe Diem! Here’s hoping you can join us!
*NOTE: You must book your stateroom through Marie at Montrose Travel at[masked]--just RSVPing to this Meetup page does not secure you a stateroom!