A series for developing the best of mind and heart.
Many powerful wholesome qualities are nurtured in the contemplative life. This series will explore the ten perfections (paramis) that support the path of awakening, and bring joy and harmony into our daily lives. These beautiful qualities are accessible to everyone, at every stage of our path, however, they are believed to have been perfected by the Buddha through his countless lifetimes as he strove to realize the ultimate perfection of Buddhahood. This series will provide a closer look at each of these respectable qualities to enable us to more fully develop them in our lives.
- November 3 – Generosity with Margaret Gainer
- November 10 – Loving-kindness with Berget Jelane
- November 17 – Renunciation with Shaila Catherine
- November 24 – Thanksgiving (no meeting)
- December 1 – Patience with Sharon Allen
- December 8 – Virtue with Shaila Catherine
- December 15 – Truthfulness with Shaila Catherine
- December 22 – Determination with Chris Clifford
- December 29 – Energy, effort with David Cohn
- January 5 – Equanimity with Shaila Catherine
- January 12 – Wisdom with Kim Allen
- January 19 – Deepening Practice with Shaila Catherine
Read teacher biographies on our Teacher Page.
IMSB offers a weekly sitting group in Saratoga, organized into a series of courses on mindfulness, meditation, and Buddhist teachings and practices.
This Thursday night program, 7:15 – 9:00, is an ideal opportunity for newcomers to learn meditation and gain an overview of Buddhist principles. This contemplative meditation group will provide teachings for newcomers, and also support experienced practitioners to refine their meditative skills and strengthen their practice. Deepening Practice sessions are integrated into the program in order to enhance experiential learning, stimulate reflective wisdom, and encourage members to put the teachings into practice.
The Thursday evening group is led by Sharon Allen and Shaila Catherine along with a wide array of guest teachers.
Please visit our Mountain View Insight Meditation South Bay MeetUp page for more details on all upcoming programs, or visit our website at imsb.org.