addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Diego International Meetup Message Board › The Oreo Mystery

The Oreo Mystery

Joni
divajoni
San Diego, CA
Post #: 64
so i was wondering... has the oreo mystery been resolved? highly entertaining post, guys... and FWIW, as a child, i adored dunking oreos in milk (turns out i have strong liking for salty chocolate... i have made myself ill eating choc-covered pretzels), but thankfully this was back in the day when oreos (and most other baked goods were made with coconut oil). somewhere in the 70's - 80's timeframe, they switched to transfat. i wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole now.

regarding comma: i don't have an opinion, but was wondering how we felt about the use of whatever this "..." is called? you see i use it alot... is it annoying? ;-P
Joni
divajoni
San Diego, CA
Post #: 65
you see i use it alot... is it annoying? ;-P

oops.. forgot my comma! (but, not my ...)
Joni
divajoni
San Diego, CA
Post #: 67
oh yeah... two more things: 1) just thinking about kermit singing rainbow connections makes my heart swell, and 2) tom cruise is just plain screwy... ewwww! ;-P
A former member
Post #: 90
Off topic - Joni, were you at Ichiban on the Rock in Hillcrest on Saturday evening? I was talking to my friends about movies and someone at the sushi bar chimed in...couldn't quite figure out where I recognized her from, but now I think it was you, no?
Joni
divajoni
San Diego, CA
Post #: 69
Off topic - Joni, were you at Ichiban on the Rock in Hillcrest on Saturday evening? I was talking to my friends about movies and someone at the sushi bar chimed in...couldn't quite figure out where I recognized her from, but now I think it was you, no?

why, yes... that was me! i was so embarrassed that i was listening to your movie conversation, i didn't really look over at the table too closely. how funny... again, adaptation was a tremendous movie (esp. considering i don't like nick cage all that much)... chris cooper is an incredible actor!
A former member
Post #: 91
Yeah, Chris Cooper is great in that film (and many others). Adaptation is not my favorite Charlie Kaufman movie but it's still good.

Nicolas Cage was amazing in Leaving Las Vegas and once he got that Oscar I think he decided all bets were off and he could do crappy movies to his heart's content.
Joni
divajoni
San Diego, CA
Post #: 70
Nicolas Cage was amazing in Leaving Las Vegas and once he got that Oscar I think he decided all bets were off and he could do crappy movies to his heart's content.

that was a difficult movie to watch... elizabeth shuman was extraordinary (i don't usually like her at all). it must be age... i can't take my movies this dark and painful anymore.
Amy
user 2496207
Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Post #: 42
Mmmm .... oreos ......