What we're about
LPA of Denver/Colorado is an organizing task force that seeks to bring progressive values into the liberal view. We do not support moderate centrism and 'progressive in name only' ideals, though we welcome all to share their experiences and learn more about progressive politics, civic education, and egalitarian social progress. We support patriotism over nationalism and human and civil rights over the mythology of a meritocracy.
The group generally meets twice a month for civic education, rigorous academic debate, political discussion, and have local candidates and guest speakers come to present to our group. We also gather to work on campaigns, causes and/or political events. Please join us and get active!
Please post current events related to local Colorado politics, and the progressive agenda. Remember to always be courteous, respectful, and open-minded to all points of view, including moderate Democrats and conservative or radical Republicans.
There's no need to raise your voice; improve your argument!
This group was formerly known as Liberal Boomers, but has been opened to the broader audience of all generations. Among our goals we strive to bridge the generational gap on politics.
* Solidarity -- Team-oriented inclusion and validation, synergy and security.
* Leadership -- Under the subtext of wisdom, respect, honesty, and community involvement.
* Aspirations -- Goals, objectives, purposes to achieve progressive aims.
* Education -- Teaching on national, state, and local civic, bringing new evidence to the forefront.
* Solutions -- Many of us are seeking answers to our most complex problems.
1. What methods of government would you like to see implemented?
2. What human and civil rights are important to you?
3. What values and principles do you consider important in a civil society?
4. What definitions and terms matter in our civic discourse? How do you define them?
5. How do you consider the above five terms? Do they adequately summarize your intentions with coming to these meetups? Would you modify them in any way?