NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS! TRY BACK LATER.
Are you introverted? New in town? Experiencing the Seattle freeze in all it's glory? Need some more, or just new girlfriends? Maybe you just finished recharging your social battery and want some social time now? Then this is the women's social group for you!!!
The goal of this group is to form new connections, friendships, hobbies...Whatever!!! People assume introverts aren't social, but we just deal with social energy in a different way, preferably in smaller groups, and with meaningful conversations. We'll meet once or twice monthly (not including any spontaneous pop-ups). Some events will have a smaller number of attendees, while other events will allow larger groups. Events will include but not be limited to movies, food (in all it's glorious forms and times), hikes, museums, wine tastings, festivals, etc...
If there is an activity you would like to do please let me know and I can make it an event even if I am unable to host it...you never know who wants to do the same thing. Additionally, please (I beg of you!) let me know of you're interested in hosting an event!
Some General Guidelines:
- You MUST have a FACIAL PHOTO of yourself uploaded to your profile for safety and transparency ...it's super cool when you can recognize complete strangers in public settings.
- Please no soliciting members, unless it happens naturally (I guess). Kind of takes the fun out of attending if you feel like people are trying to sell you things. This isn't a movie...nor high school...mean peoples can form their own hive elsewhere.
- I recommend keeping your notifications for this group on...you can turn every other group off though...clearly our updates are the most important. But seriously, too often people don't receive updates to event details because their notifications are off...and sometimes I just like to comment.
- Any member who has not visited the group page in 6 months to a year will be removed from the group...how can you possibly partake in events if you haven't even visited the page to look at events.
UPDATED RSVP Policy:
- A NO SHOW is someone who RSVPs for an event and does not show up, AND also does not change their RSVP to NO. This is considered incredibly rude, especially in a group that tries to keep it's event numbers low.
- This is not a group where you can hold your place via an RSVP and then decide not to show up because there are 30 something people signed up...there are usually only 6-12 people signed up; therefore, an absence is felt...especially if reservations are involved, AND by the people on the wait list who would have been happy to attend had they known with advance notice of an open spot.
Two(2) NO-SHOWs will result in your removal from the group. It's also my own way of flippin the bird to "swipe culture" and "flaky people." Removal from group is also at the discretion of the organizer. I understand completely that life happens and sometimes we say we wanna go somewhere and then we change our minds at the last minute (especially introverts)...that is completely fine...just CHANGE YOUR RSVP TO NO...preferably 24 hours before the event to allow someone else to join.
Rationale for NO-SHOW policy: There are lots of people who are excited to meet people and if one or multiple people no-show or change their RSVPs at the last minute, you are taking away someone else's opportunity to get out, try something new, and meet others.