IS THIS CLASS FOR YOU?
This outdoor class holds lots of promise of being a fun yet challenging environment for your pooch! We promote force free techniques and focus on strengthening the communication and relationship with you and your dog with reward-based and relationship-based training methods.
Classes will be different each week depending on the class participants. In general, we will focus on the following:
- Sit, Down, Stay, Stand, Come when called, and Watch Mes.
- Polite greetings, sitting nicely for petting.
- Basic commands with varying distractions.
- Loose leash walking.
- Canine Good Citizen skills!
We will work on basic commands and practice impulse control exercises. We will work on your dog's focus around other dogs and making it a rewarding experience for him/her. We will help your dog take the right steps toward obtaining Canine Good Citizen status and more!
If you have questions, contact Aaron Wood at[masked] or by posting a comment on this event or sending an email through meetup!
Dogs under one year old can test for AKC STAR Puppy after six total classes, a great first step to the title of Canine Good Citizen! Here is more info on STAR Puppy: http://www.akc.org/starpuppy/about_the_program.cfm
FREQUENCY: This class is scheduled every week without stop although please check each week for time changes that could occur for the proceeding week.
TUITION: $20 per class/dog or $100 prepaid for six classes.
LOCATION: This class is held at Twin Oaks Community Park in Rocklin off of Park Drive. We will meet near the playground.
RULES: Keep your dog on leash at all times. No dogs in heat allowed in class. Respect the space of other dogs and their handlers by asking before you get close. Each team should have lots of space to be able to work. No harsh corrections.
A FEW THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
1) All communication about the class is done through Meetup and email. Please check your email for any updates prior to each class.
2) All classes are held outside so dress appropriately. Bring water for you and your dog.
3) The meetup app for your iPhone or Android device is a good way to keep updated on class information!
4) One adult handler per dog. RSVP only for the number of dog/handler teams you are bringing.
WHAT TO BRING:
- A dog up to date on vaccinations wearing identification.
- Potty Bags (please clean up after your dog!)
- Good attitude. You want your dog to have a positive experience, so let's make it one and have some fun!
- A baggie pr treatbag full of treats/food your dog loves such as cheese, hot dogs, chicken, Zuke's training treats, etc.
- A six foot leash. No shock or bark collars. No flexi-leads/retractable leashes. If your dog is reactive in any way, please bring him in a collar he cannot back out/slip out of and let me know so we can set the class up correctly.
- Feel free to bring a chair with you.
- Bring water for your dog to drink.
- Please bring a long 15 to 20 foot leash for practice with distance commands and stays.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
By RSVPing for this event, you hereby release, waive, discharge and hold harmless any organizer of this meetup group, Intuitive Dog Training, as well as the City of ROCKLIN and its officers, agents, volunteers, and directors from any and all liability, claims, and expenses whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, that may be sustained to you or your dog as a result of your participation in this event and thereafter.