We are a collective of individuals using algorithms to automate financial trading of equities, options, futures, forex, crypto, etc.
Our goal is to provide a monthly meetup to discuss the state of the art, share ideas, discuss our own successes/failures, and set up an environment for people to collaborate and improve alongside each other. We do not require anyone to identify themselves, and you do not have to talk about any of your trading/coding activities if you do not want to, or cannot do so because of contractual obligations.
* * * Ground Rules * * *
1. Check your ego at the door.
2. If you're smart enough to find this group and show up, you're smart enough to be professional and respectful to the other members of the group. We are here to learn and advance our skills as a group.
3. Please do not attempt to openly market your services to the group, if someone wants to work with you, they will approach you and you two can continue the conversation discretely.
4. If you're looking to meetup and chat about different crypto projects you're excited about, this is not the group for you. We are code intensive, and our primary focus is building and optimizing systems for superhuman trading capability.
5. Do not push someone to reveal information about their strategy if they do not offer it up freely. The group encourages sharing but there is a limit, some people are not freely at will to disclose certain things about what they do nor should they have to. Proprietary information is sacred in this group, and shared information should be viewed as a gift. Nobody owes you anything.
6. Let people talk when they start to speak up. Not everyone will be comfortable speaking in front of new faces, so please give them a chance to speak their mind. Basically don't talk over each other.
7. Meetings are now online, and we have a thriving discord!
The meetups are all on zoom - see calendar for the link. We follow an open format, generally starting with a discussion on the current state of the market, followed by any topics anyone wants to ask about or share their thoughts on. People are welcomed to screenshare if comfortable!
Andy attends often and created the group initially as in-person, but lately has been working his tail off to build the discord bot (among many other things) so he sadly will not be able to make every meeting. However, the bots on the discord continue to develop from him and he is always available in chat. Please join us! https://discord.gg/8TK6B5 (https://discord.gg/8TK6B5)