"Ombreta" is what Venetians call a glass of wine or beer: it literally means "little shadow", which opens to a double interpretation: you can either drink so little that you can barely see the "shadow" of the liquor in your glass, or you can drink too much... and have rational thinking cast in shadows for some while!
"Ombreta" is what Venetians drink with friends after work, and it always comes accompanied by some food delicacies.
This is a series of get-togethers organized by the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada West the third Tuesday of each month, and participation is open to everyone that loves Italy and:
- has a business idea to promote/ to get funded etc.
- has a project in mind and would like to make it happen/ promote it/ just share it
- wants to import from Italy or export to Italy
- wants to network with Italian expats
- wants to find business partners
- wants to enjoy an Italian style "aperitivo" (at least) once a month!
- wants to know more about Italy
- wants to practice Italian (please note we will be speaking both English and Italian, therefore you don't have to be able to speak Italian in order to participate!)
- wants to know more about the Italian Chamber's activities, events and opportunities available in Vancouver and in Italy
We will be speaking both English and Italian, but food will always, exclusively be authentic Italian, "parola di lupetto!" (= scout's honor).
Ticket include a drink and a selection of Italian antipasti.