This group was created to bring people together who love to sing karaoke in Japanese around New York City. We welcome people in the music industry as well as amateurs to meet up and sing, but ask that all of our members be at least eighteen years old.
1) This is a Japanese- and English-language karaoke group, which means event attendees are expected to sing in Japanese. Please keep this in mind when considering membership or event attendance.
2) Please ensure your attendance plans are accurately reflected on each event page. Canceling or arriving late on the day of an event inconveniences the venue and may result in the group being charged a penalty fee. Leadership reserves the right to deny anyone who arrives at an event without RSVPing. In addition, leadership may ban from the group anyone who reserves a space, but is a no-show.
3) Please bring ID with you to all events. Venue staff may deny entry to those without ID. Please visit the venue's website for each event you plan to attend to read the establishment's rules.
4) Please go clockwise, one-by-one, when selecting songs to sing to give everyone an equal opportunity. This also makes it easy to tell if your song is skipped, in which case you can choose two songs upon your next turn. Please try to locate your song choice before getting the remote to keep it moving along. As soon as you enter your song, please pass the remote directly to the next person, and let him or her know it is his or her turn. If you are late to a karaoke event, please do not change how the remote is being passed around. Your turn will be set based on where you sit among the group.
5) Please bring cash to pay for yourself. If you leave early, please remember to double-check with the event leader and venue staff about any monies due.
Members will sometimes attend other music and cultural events, such as festivals, street fairs, or concerts. A few of our favorite places to sing are DUET 53, DUET 48 and Japas 38. All of our members are encouraged to propose their own karaoke- or music-related events as well.
Since our members either speak both Japanese and English or are learning, our Meetups will be bilingual unless otherwise posted. In this way, our Meetups also present the opportunity for language exchange. Anyone who joins to sing only in English will be removed, as this does not align with the purpose of the group.
Hope to sing with you soon!
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Sunday, January 1, 2017 1:00 PM