What we're about
This group was created to bring people together who love to sing karaoke in Japanese around New York City.
• One of the few Meetup groups to focus on this particular theme
• Each event has a clear goal established and the group has a specific mission
• Leadership roles are set and the leaders guide events
• Rules are democratic and clear
• Members have skill sets that complement and benefit the other members
This is a Japanese karaoke event, which means we encourage everyone to sing in Japanese.
Sudden cancelations inconvenience the venue staff and may cause NYJK to have to pay for those who did not come. It is understandable if something comes up and you cannot make it, but when this happens, please either message the event host or change your status on the event page to "not going".
Please go in clockwise order one by one when selecting songs to sing so everyone has an equal opportunity. This also makes it easy to tell if your song is skipped, in which case you can choose two songs upon your next turn. Please try to locate your song choice before getting the remote to keep it moving along. As soon as you enter your song, please pass the remote directly to the next person, and let them know it is their turn.
If you leave an event early, please check with the event host to make sure you have paid your share. Please always bring cash with you to make splitting bills and tipping easier.
Please bring ID with you to all events.