addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

JAPANESE MEETUP Message Board › Useful Phrases / Words

Useful Phrases / Words

TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,211
Today, I am going to be at work doing a Memorization Drill of the Words ChokkO Bin and Kokunai Bin, which mean Direct Flight and Domestic Flight.

ChokkO Bin - Direct Flight
Kokunai Bin - Domestic Flight

I have always had trouble with remembering those two terms.

3X3
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,236
Here are a few more New Japanese Words that I had to look up while writing my Voyages Story:

Mato: Target
Hanmokku: Hammock
Toru: Barrel
Suiheisen: Horizon
Kane: Bell

3X3
Gino P.
user 7645929
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1
Chotto matte = wait a minute
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,243
I was doing an hours study of my Japanese Notes when I realized that I had the word for Transparent or Clear as being "Tomei Na", but not its opposite of Opague or not being able to see through something.

So I looked it up and found that it is "Futomei".

Every Morning, before I go to work, I either spend an hour studying my Japanese Notes or writing a chunk of my Tabi no Monogatari Desu.

3X3
Mark L.
user 13596281
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1
[futoumei] also takes a [na] just like [toumei], and it might be helpful to know that the prefix [fu-] often means "not ~".
=]

[Hakkiri shinai] - informal
[Hakkiri shimasen] - polite

"It's not clear/It's vague"