What we're about
If you love to sing your favorite Japanese Anime and game music at Karaoke, and are 21 or older, then come and join us! There will be regular trips into the city to sing at the Karaoke Duet locations, as well as nights in NJ to sing on Joysound using my Japanese Wii U. If you cannot make the in-person events, I also host online Japanese karaoke sessions using Adobe Connect.
You don't have to be a fluent Japanese speaker, or an avid Japanese learner since you can look up the lyrics on your phone. You do, however, need to be a fan of Anime Music!
We will also do other fun events such as go to J-concerts, eat at Japanese restaurants, go to Japanese street fairs, and Anime conventions.
Hope to sing with you soon!
Group Courtesy Guidelines
1) All event attendees are expected to sing mostly Anime songs in Japanese. A few non-anime songs are okay, but your focus should be on the group theme.
2) Please go clockwise, one-by-one, when selecting songs to sing. As soon as you enter your song, please pass the remote directly to the next person and let him or her know it is his or her turn. This method ensures everyone gets a proper turn, as well as you can tell if the system has skipped you. In this case you may select two songs upon your next turn.
3) Being a "no show" or arriving late without notice on the day of an event inconveniences both the group and the venue. In addition, showing up to an event that you have not RSVP'ed for is also inappropriate as space is limited.
4) Please bring proper ID to all karaoke venues to prove that you are over 21. If even one person arrives without ID, they will not let us drink in the rooms. The organizer(s) reserves the right to deny entry to the event if you do not being your ID.
5) Please be fair and courteous above all else. Failure to abide by the established guidelines will result in removal from the group upon the second offense after a warning.