Location visible to members
Se7en deadly deployment sins - Philipp Krenn
Do you have something to confess? Or are you still in denial — knowing that you're doing something wrong, but you cannot say for sure what it is?
In this talk, we'll go through our Java deployment sins and how to avoid them:
• Lust: Of course I'm using this alpha version and structure our whole deployment process around it!
• Gluttony: I absolutely need this monolithic, 500MB archive file — what do you mean with microservice?
• Greed: I'm not kidding when I'm saying that this app will only work with JBoss AS 6.0.
• Sloth: Continuous Deployment or Delivery — who would need that?!
• Wrath: Graceful error handling, reporting, and monitoring are for the faint of heart!
• Envy: Why would I rely on an external system to do the whole configuration for me, when I can lovingly handcraft it all myself? Artisanal projects FTW!
• Pride: Checking our app's status after the deployment? That's only for people who break stuff.
Gradle, Spring Boot, Jenkins, and AWS to the rescue!
- - - - - - -
Smart load balancing in the cloud with OptaPlanner - Lukáš Petrovický, Red Hat Czech
Every organization faces scheduling puzzles: assign a limited set of constrained resources (employees, assets, time and money) to provide the most products or services to customers. OptaPlanner optimizes such planning problems to do more business with less resources. In this talk, we will focus on one such planning problem, cloud load balancing. We will show how OptaPlanner can easily optimize your computing environment for any load you throw at it.
Bio: Lukáš joined Red Hat over seven years ago, while getting his degree in computer science from Masaryk University in Brno, CZ. He held various positions in SOA and BRMS quality engineering. In his current capacity as QE supervisor, he is responsible for a team of quality engineers who deliver Red Hat's JBoss BRMS and BPM Suite. Lukáš lives in Brno, CZ, but spent 2014 working abroad out of the Boston office, collaborating with others to introduce advanced continuous integration practices at Red Hat. He likes good music, especially when paired with craft beer or single malt whisky.
- - - - - - -
Drinks & food will be sponsored by
Red Had Czech
Red Hat is hiring: http://jobs.redhat.com/
http://paysafecard.com Wertkarten GmbH
The guys at paysafecard (http://paysafecard.com) are also looking for developers (https://career012.successfactors.eu/career?company=26684T1)!
JetBrains will sponsor one IntelliJ license, which you can win in the raffle.
The University of Technology Vienna generously hosts our venue:
(Program subject to modifications in case of low attendance)