addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

JaxPHP / JaxWeb Message Board › Flash Builder 4 on Linux

Flash Builder 4 on Linux

A former member
Post #: 6
Hey everybody,

I started setting up Flash Builder 4 under my windows partition today but I really hate windows so I figured I'd give it a go under Linux again (I tried Flex Builder 3 before with a ton of issues). So I researched it a bit and of course Adobe doesn't have an official client out yet but I found this: http://code.google.co...­

I installed it under my Ubuntu 9.10 partition on Eclipse 3.5.1 with no real issues and everything seems to work beautifully out of the box.

Just wanted to share the link for the other devs in the group using Linux.
A former member
Post #: 90
Thanks, I am downloading now!

What type Linux are you using?

Tim
ZipOnOver, Local Business Information
A former member
Post #: 7
Tim,

I've used quite a few different distros but right now I'm on Ubuntu 9.10. Ubuntu has a nice balance between stability and bleeding edge updates. Fedora is probably my favorite non-debian distro but I really love aptitude so it's usually Debian for me.
Eric N.
user 4016762
Orange Park, FL
Post #: 70
I'd be interested in hearing more about how this is working for you. Would you consider volunteering for a short presentation?

[My latest theory is: no big commitments, one (or two related) brief presentations per Meetup, lots of time for discussion. Of course, it's just a theory...]
A former member
Post #: 8
Sure Eric. Just give me a couple of weeks notice if possible so I can prepare a little.

Thanks,