addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

JaxPHP / JaxWeb Message Board › Good work, Jorge!

Good work, Jorge!

Eric N.
user 4016762
Orange Park, FL
Post #: 84
An email from Jorge­ earlier this week pointed me to his latest Yii-based creation: http://gb4less.com/­ ranks storage prices based on updates every 3 hours from Newegg.

So Mon Jorge had gb4less published in the MakeUseOf­ Directory, and Tues Gizmodo­ and LifeHacker­ picked it up.

The traffic crashed his server, but Jorge recovered, quickly implemented a file cache (Yii has that built-in) and collected some commissions!

(In the interest of full disclosure, and another testament to his skills, Jorge is prominently credited as MakeUseOf's MUO WP Guy.)
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks for the mention Eric. Without a doubt, I'm sold on Yii and I will probably never do another project without it. It does have a bit of a learning curve, especially if you're new to MVC. However, I did find it easier to learn than CakePHP and Zend. The URL manager is tremendously powerful, and takes all the work out of dealing with .htaccess files and mod rewrites. Once you start using it, you get a good feel for the documentation and how the classes, methods, and properties are all set up.