What we're about
This group is for women 18+ years-of-age to join together and hike. Occasionally we will schedule other activities such as biking, skiing, snowshoeing or just have lunch. The hikes we schedule are Moderate to Difficult and we hike at a pace of 2 miles per hour. If you are new to hiking you will want to work your way up to Moderate hikes before joining our group. We hike fairly close to Denver on Mondays year round. During the summer we may do longer hikes in the high country on Thursdays.
Other Important Information:
* Most of our hikes have active waiting lists. If you are signed up for a hike and you aren't able to make it, please remove yourself from the list at least 24 hours in advance.
* NO SHOW POLICY - If you do not change your RSVP and do not show up for a hike you will be counted as a "No Show". THREE NO SHOWS and you may be removed from the group.
* Jeffco Women's Hiking Meetup has started charging $5.00/year to cover cost of running this Meetup. Members join the group for free, but must pay $5.00 annual dues after 30-day free trial. We will be using WePay. WePay is a company that allows you to make a payment right on the Meetup site. Our refund policy will be as stated in the Meetup policy guidelines.
* You are welcome to bring your doggie as long as they are well behaved and the area we are hiking in allows dogs. Dogs must be on a leash when hiking with the group.
* Guns are NOT allowed in Jeffco Open Space or National Parks. Please follow their rules so the group does not have any problems.
* If you are carpooling please remember to give gas money to the driver.
* When uploading your profile picture please post a close-up shot of just you without a hat or sunglasses. We want to learn each other's names and it's helpful to have a close-up picture to refer to.
Disclaimer: Please note by signing up for a hike you are responsible for your own gear and safety precautions. The organizers will not be responsible for any injuries or such that you may incur for any event scheduled through meetup.com
All Jeffco Women's Hiking Meetup participants must sign a Liability Release document. A link to the document is under "Discussions".