This group is for front-range women 18+ years-of-age to join together to hike, or participate in other outdoor, social, or online events. All members are Event Organizers and are able to plan and schedule events. Outdoor activities are Easy to Difficult, so be sure to read the description to see if the hike is within your ability level; when in doubt, contact the activity leader. Members and their guests are responsible for their own equipment, health and safety; activity leaders are not professional guides. You will be required to sign a Liability Release when you attend your first event (see the link below). Most hikes take place during the week.
Other Important Information: * Most of our hikes have active waiting lists. If you are signed up for a hike and you aren't able to make it, please remove yourself from the list at least 24 hours in advance.
* NO SHOW POLICY - If you do not change your RSVP and do not show up for a hike you will be counted as a "No Show". THREE NO SHOWS and you may be removed from the group.
* Jeffco Women's Hiking Meetup has started charging $5.00/year to cover cost of running this Meetup. Members join the group for free, but must pay $5.00 annual dues after 30-day free trial. We will be using WePay. WePay is a company that allows you to make a payment right on the Meetup site. Our refund policy will be as stated in the Meetup policy guidelines.
* Guns are NOT allowed in Jeffco Open Space or National Parks. Please follow their rules so the group does not have any problems.
* If you are carpooling please remember to give gas money to the driver. The customary reimbursement rate is $0.25 per mile divided between all the passengers in the car including the driver. Please be prepared with small bills or arrange to pay through Venmo, GooglePay, PayPal, etc., or other arrangements with the driver.
* When uploading your profile picture please post a close-up shot of just you without a hat or sunglasses. We want to learn each other's names and it's helpful to have a close-up picture to refer to.
Disclaimer: Please note by signing up for a hike you are responsible for your own gear, health, and safety precautions. The organizers will not be responsible for any injuries, illness or such that you may incur for ay event scheduled through meetup.com
All Jeffco Women's Hiking Meetup participants must sign a Liability Release document. You can find a copy of the document under Message Board (found under More, at the top of the page, under the picture); you have to use a computer for this as it is not available from the phone app. Print it out, sign it, and bring it to your first Meetup!