* I am NOT a guide.
* No conversations about politics, religion, or any other beliefs allowed. Bring your climbing gear and leave all of that at home.
I want to be very clear about this, I AM NOT A GUIDE. I've been climbing, in general, for about 6 years now and I have a couple of years of experience with top-roping outdoors. I recently started sport climbing. I have plenty of gear to top-rope, sport climb, and I have trad gear.
- Must be belay certified.
- Must be a solid 5.9 indoor climber with some ability to climb 5.10's.
- Must have, at the very least, an appropriate climbing helmet (VERY IMPORTANT), as well as your own climbing harness, shoes, and chalk bag.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Enough food and water to last an entire day of climbing. You need to eat and drink plenty of fluids while climbing
- A decent size book bag to carry your food, water etc, AND to help carry climbing gear.
- Any additional climbing gear you have; we may need it.
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING:
- Your Epipen, Benadryl, Ibuprofen
- Sunblock and Bug Spray.
Please dress appropriately for being in the woods all day/ rock climbing.
- If it's raining, or rained recently.
- If no one signs up.
- If I'm sick, and no one else is willing to fill in as the host.
We're going to Peterskill
Address: 5080 Rte 44-55, Gardiner, NY 12525
Fee: $10 per climber for the day, $90 for the season. You'll have to fill out a waiver at the visitor's center.
We will be there all day. If you decide you've had enough and want to leave, that's perfectly fine. It will be up to you to find your way back to your vehicle.
We'll meet in the parking lot. You'll pay your fee and fill out the one-time waiver at either the booth or in the office depending on what they instruct.
The meetup time is 9am. Please try to be there on time. If you are late it will be up to you to find us. Once we decide where we'll climb, I'll post the the name of route via the WhatsApp Chat group so you can find us. Ask around to find the route. If you are VERY late, we may no longer be on that route. Once I post the initial route, I won't be using my phone anymore.
WhatsApp Chat: https://chat.whatsapp.com/DZ5EBhMd8xL9Z2S8DFISbx
I think I covered everything. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. If I failed to mention something here, message me.