What we're about
Do you want to connect with other Jews in the Triangle while spending time outside?
Jewish Outdoor Group (JOG) promotes outdoor activities in Wake County and vicinity for anyone who wants to participate. This is a volunteer driven program and each member may join in existing events and/or create new events.
Events will be scheduled to provide community in outdoor activities such as Hiking, Canoeing, Road Biking, Mountain Biking, Green-way Rides or Walks, Doggie Play Dates, etc.
When creating events it may be helpful to include:
• A minimum age requirement if there are safety concerns
• A "fitness level" associated with the event ex: low, high, all fitness levels
•Potential hazards ex: unpaved ground, water sport life-jackets suggested, etc.
This MeetUp is maintained by the Raleigh-Cary JCC and it is meant to be a vehicle for connecting individuals through the events that are posted. This MeetUp is not a forum for airing personal grievances or viewpoints. This is a monitored page - comments that do not align to our mission and purpose will be deleted. We welcome all to participate in a respectful and tasteful manner. The following are guidelines that we expect all members of this group to adhere to:
• We have zero tolerance for bullying or disrespectful comments. Failure to comply to these rules will result in deletion of your comments and removal from the group.
• No business solicitation of any kind is permissible.
• Suggesting events on the MeetUp site is greatly encouraged. Once a suggestion is posted to the site, two additional responses are required for it to then become "announced" on the Meet-up site.
This group does not condone or engage in careless, reckless or irresponsible activities or behaviors.
TRIP PARTICIPANT WAIVER OF LIABILITY
I fully realize that this activity involves a risk of personal injury, property damage, or loss of my person or property. I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, and same for persons with whom are in my party, waive and release any claims or rights against the Raleigh-Cary JCC, all of its owners and coordinators for any and all injury, damages or loss to my person or property incurred during this activity. I also understand that event organizers are not required, nor should it be assumed that they are CPR/First Aid/Wilderness Survival Certified and I am responsible for my own personal safety.
Your RSVP indicates release of liability as indicated in the TRIP PARTICIPANT WAIVER OF LIABILITY above.
Please address any questions or concerns to Mindy Lawton, JCC Healthy Living Program Coordinator, Mindy.Lawton@ShalomRaleigh.org