We are the DMV area’s premier competitive pickup soccer club. This group is for experienced futbol players and is not for beginners/not a social group. We have a few guiding principles that fulfill our vision:
All players must be 18yrs or older to participate and able to play at an advanced level (ie. at least varsity high school-level playing experience)
Team play is mandatory (ie. no ball hogging). Joga Bonito stands for the “ the beautiful game” – as such, we play a very team-focused passing game
• We focus on the quality aspect of the game so we play on small goals to encourage passing and create a challenging environment for players.
• All players must be “match-fit.” While you don’t need to be able to run a marathon, it is expected that everyone will play with energy and intensity for the full duration of the game (1.5-2 hours).
• All players partake in Joga Bonito games and events at their own risk. Under no circumstances will Joga Bonito Stars organizers or other players be held responsible for injury sustained during the course of Joga Bonito games and events. Under any condition, event participants are responsible for all of his or her own medical expenses arising from participation, both in Joga Bonito Stars pick-up games or other Joga Bonito Stars events and while travelling to and from these games and/or events.
• All players must wear appropriate athletic attire (turf shoes or cleats (no metal cleats), shinguards, etc.)
• All players must be active upon joining joga bonito attending games on regular basis. All non active member profiles will be removed from the page.
• All players must RSVP in order to play. Please follow the comments section on each game's event page for relevant and important updates.
What Joga Bonito means: the concept of returning soccer to its high and honorable state. To remove cheaters, hackers, and divers. To play with honor, pride, respect, strength, and as a team. Two simple words that on literal translation mean "play pretty", but are left for each and every soccer player to define it with their own style. Never abandon your teammates, that is Joga Bonito.