Time: Saturday 10 Nov, 2 to 5 pm.
Venue: ThoughtWorks office (#11-08 China Square Central, 18 Cross Street,[masked])
In this session, we are going to solve a programming puzzle called “codewhispers” (http://codewhispers.org/)
This puzzle is not very difficult. It does not require advanced data structures or algorithms. Anyone with basic programming skills and familiar with the string/array/list/number API in a programming language would be able to solve it.
What really makes the puzzle interesting is how we are going to run it:
* There are six stages in this puzzle, we will solve it stage by stage
* After each stage, we will swap our solutions with each other. That means you will get the solution from another participant and continue building your solution on top of it.
Through this session, you will get a chance to see how people may approach the same problem from different angle, and feel the challenges in maintaining legacy codes that are written by someone else.
Requirements for participants:
* You need to bring your own laptop with both git and ruby installed (this is required to setup the puzzle on your laptop)
* installing ruby: https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/installation/
* installing git: https://git-scm.com/book/en/v1/Getting-Started-Installing-Git
Please come on time. Once the game session starts, it’s not easy to add new participants.
Venue Sponsor: ThoughtWorks Singapore